Preamble www.Dubarah.com (the 'Website ' 'Dubarah') is owned and operated by Dubarah Inc. and is a subscription based service that allows users to post services in regards to a variety of tasks, skills and any needs.
The creator of an account in Dubarah is the User. We collect information about the User and any members that he or she invites to join the Dubarah.
Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your personal information and allowing you to request access to, and correction of, your personal information.
1) HOW YOU PROVIDE YOUR CONSENT We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information (except where, as noted below, we are authorized to do so without consent). You can provide your consent electronically or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting, using or disclosing the personal information would be considered obvious and you voluntarily provide personal information for that purpose. Examples of this are when you post files to your account. We support audio files, embedded Video for YouTube or Vimeo, PDF's, Office documents and photos. Please note that any member who has account access can view or download those files. Consent may also be implied where you are given notice of your personal information being used for mail-outs, the marketing of new services or products, fundraising, and you do not opt-out. Subject to certain exceptions (listed below), you can withhold or withdraw your consent for MyBand.IO to use your personal information in certain ways.
Your decision to withhold or withdraw your consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist you in making a decision. There are special circumstances where we may collect, use or disclose some of your personal information without your knowledge or consent, when we are permitted or required by law. A full listing of such circumstances can be found in section 7 (Collection without knowledge or consent) of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c. 5 ['PIPEDA'].
3) HOW DUBARAH USES THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT Dubarah collects your data in order to enhance your use of the Website and its features, including without limitation for the purposes of: Conducting analytics; Contacting the User; Allowing content commenting; Providing customer service; Handling payments; Displaying content from external platforms; Managing email addresses and invitations; Helping us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you; and otherwise supporting your use of the Website. The Personal Data used for the above purposes is elaborated on in this section of this document. We may use your information for any of the following reasons: For the purposes for which you provided it; To enable you to use the services available through the Platform, including registering you for our services and verifying your identity and authority to use our services; For customer support and to respond to your inquiries; For internal record-keeping purposes; To administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, or contests; To process billing and payment including sharing with third-party payment gateways and payment service providers in connection with the Platform; To improve and maintain the Platform and for product development; To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing; To periodically send promotional emails regarding new products from Dubarah, special offers from Dubarah, or other information that may interest you; With your consent, to contact you by text message regarding certain services or information you have requested; With your consent, to contact you by telephone or text message regarding Platform features, improvements, or other products and services that may interest you; For Dubarah market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Platform according to your interests; To contact you about goods and services that may interest you or with information about your use of the Platform; For other research and analytical purposes; and To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of the Platform, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Platform. We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide. We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Platform. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
7) LINKS TO EXTERNAL PLATFORMS The Platform may contain links to other websites or resources over which Dubarah does not have any control. Such links do not constitute an endorsement by Dubarah of those external websites. You acknowledge that Dubarah is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and further agree that Dubarah is not responsible for the content of such external websites or the protection and privacy of information you provide while visiting such external websites.
9) YOUR CHOICES REGARDING EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your Account or any services you have requested or received from us.
10) CHANGES TO THIS POLICY THIS POLICY IS CURRENT AS OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. Dubarah MAY, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, CHANGE THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME. Dubarah WILL POST ITS UPDATED POLICY ON THE PLATFORM OR SEND YOU AN EMAIL / POP UP WINDOW IN ADVANCE OF THE NEW EFFECTIVE DATE AND DIRECT YOU TO A LINK OF THE UPDATED POLICY. Dubarah ENCOURAGES YOU TO REVIEW THIS POLICY REGULARLY FOR ANY CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THE THEN-CURRENT POLICY.
11) CHILDREN'S PRIVACY Our Services are not designed for children under 18. Only persons 18 years of age or older may use the Platform. If we discover that an individual under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will close the account and delete such information.
12) CONSENT TO TRANSFER Our computer systems are currently based in Canada, so your personal data will be processed by us in Canada, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. If you create an Account with the Platform as a visitor from outside Canada, by using the Platform, you agree to this Policy and you consent to the transfer of all such information to Canada, which may not offer an equivalent level of protection of that required in the European Union or certain other countries, and to the processing of that information as described in this Policy.